Danielle Heidt - Operations Coordinator
50 - 35th Street SW
Wyoming, MI 49548
Godwin Heights Public Schools' Transportation Department would like to welcome you and your child to an exciting new experience. Transportation is provided to those students that reside within the district boundaries.
- Assure your child arrives at the correct bus stop 5 minutes before the bus arrival time ready to board and not waiting in a vehicle.
- Assure your child reaches the bus stop safely.
- Accept joint responsibility with school authorities for proper conduct of your child while riding the bus.
- Make sure that students are dressed for the weather while waiting at the bus stop.
- Explain to your child that on occasion a bus may take a different route than what they are used to and they should not be upset. They will arrive at their correct bus stop or school.
Proper behavior while riding the bus
- Students will be seated as directed by the driver and may be assigned a seat.
- Students need to be seated quickly upon entering the bus.
- Students are expected to sit three in a seat, when required.
- Students are to remain in their seats while the bus is moving. Switching of seats can only occur with the permission of the driver.
- Students should only bring items aboard the bus that they can hold in their lap.
- Items not allowed in school are not allowed on the bus. This includes skateboards and rollerblades.
- Students are to keep emergency exits clear at all times.
- Students should not use foul or inappropriate language.
- Yelling, loud voices or horseplay is not permitted on the bus.
- Eating or drinking on the bus is not permitted.
- Students should help keep the bus clean by putting all trash in the trash can.
- Students can only get on and off at their designated bus stops.
- Students should remain seated until the bus has stopped at their bus stop.
- Students are not to be talking on their cell phones while riding on the bus.
Bus riding rules
- Students are to follow the directions of the driver or aide.
- Students should keep their body, language, and property to themselves.
- For safety reasons, students need to sit facing forward with their backs against the seat and their legs facing forward.
- Students should use proper classroom behavior on the bus which includes talking in a quiet voice.
- Students are to remain in their seats until they arrive at their bus stop.
Bus stop rules
- For the safety of all students, students are required to be at their designated bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Students should be ready to load the bus and not waiting in vehicles when the bus arrives.
- Students that are required to cross the road to get on or off the bus shall do so in front of the bus for their safety.
- Students are not allowed to go to another bus stop if they are late for the bus. Parents need to take them to school.
- Students shall be respectful of the surrounding property, such as mailboxes, grass or landscaping at the stop while waiting for the bus and leave the bus stop location clean of any litter.